- Up to 30 minutes: FREE – go straight to the exit with your ticket.
- Up to 1 hour: £1.90
- Up to 2 hours: £3.50
- 2 hours or more: £4.80 – Pre-payment required before entering the building.
Don’t forget, if you’re staying for 2 hours or more and don’t pre-pay, an hourly rate of £1.90 will apply. Pre-payment charges will cover you until 6am the following day, at which point an hourly rate of £1.90 applies. To Pre-pay for your parking you just need to take a ticket from the entry barrier and load it in one of the 3 payment machines before entering the building.
Payment machines are available at the top and bottom of the car park stairs. You can pay by cash or debit/credit card and the machines provide change. Please note contactless payments are not currently available.
Try not to lose your ticket! We’ll have to charge £20 if you do.
Blue Badge Holders
We have a number of priority spaces for Blue Badge holders near our entrances, as well as in our car park (spaces are right by the lifts.) In fact, Blue Badge bays account for 15% of our car parking spaces. Parking is free at all times for Blue Badge Holders – just go to our Box Office with your ticket and registration details. Here’s some useful information:
- To the West of the building in the ‘turning circle’ used for public transport and drop offs there are 3 Blue Badge bays. These are the closest spaces available, with a short flat surfaced walk to the main doors (approximately 40 average steps).
- There are also 34 blue badge bays to the rear of the building, providing flat gently sloping path-ways to both the West and East entrances (both entrances have accessible automatic doorways).
- If you choose to park in our car park, please be aware that it is above ground level. You can either take the stairs down to ground level, or use one of our two fully accessible lifts. All of our lifts, including those in the car park have Braille signage.
When our car park is closed
From time to time our car park is closed, but don’t worry, any changes will be noted on this website.
How to find us
ℹ️ Please note Mill Road and South Shore Road car parks (operated by Gateshead Council) are currently closed.