To confirm your place on the Young Musicians Programme (YMP) for 21/22 please follow the steps below by Sunday 4th July. If you require any assistance or have questions please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected].
1. Please complete the YMP online acceptance form. This form is more detailed than the application form and means we have all the information we need for you to join us. A form should be completed for each young person joining the programme. You will need your unique code to complete this.
2. Completing the form will automatically create an email to you containing the consent form. Please read the YMP Code of Conduct, then complete this form. The consent form gives us your permission for the young person to join the programme and lets us know you understand the terms and conditions. You will need your unique code to complete this.
3. If you would like to apply for financial assistance there are two bursaries available through Sage Gateshead.
Music and Dance Scheme (MDS) – available for Centre for Advanced Training (CAT) students only. You will need to download the forms below and photograph/scan them along with any evidence and email it to [email protected].
Please note: The forms attached are for 20/21 – we are still awaiting the official 21/22 forms. Please therefore read “19/20” as 20/21 financial year, and “20/21” as 21/22 financial year.
This also means that the amounts of each grant listed in the forms have not yet been confirmed. However, MDS have let us know that they don’t anticipate a significant change (if any) from the 20/21 figures and so we are confident you can apply as normal. If the amounts change we will contact all applicants to let them know.
Please don’t post forms as we are currently working from home.
David Goldman Bursary – available for all other programmes (Youth Ensembles, Foundation and Step Up Programmes, and Training Ensembles). You will need to complete the online form below.
For more information and assistance with your bursary application please contact [email protected]
4. We are intending to resume our YMP Activity in person in Autumn 2021.
The health and safety of students and Tutors is our priority, and so we may need to make further decisions about the level of in person activity in line with national guidelines and the plans of the wider organisation. We will give you plenty of advance notice about any changes to YMP.
5. More information on the planned schedules and fees for each programme is contained in the links below.