People have been asking us what they can do to help during this challenging time, and so we have set up a Resilience Fund to help us mitigate the immediate financial impact of coronavirus and to recover.
Around 60% of our income comes from concerts, classes and events, which we currently can’t run. And a further 20% of our income is likely to significantly reduce due to the economic impact of the virus.
We have been bowled over by these generous offers of support from our donors, customers and the wider community. Thank you. If you would like to make a donation, you can do this by selecting one of the options below. If you would like to speak to a member of the fundraising team, please contact Natalie (contact details below).
We are a charity that aims to improve the lives of our audiences and wider communities, both in the North East and beyond. We do this with music.
Each year we:
- Reach 500,000 people through music-making and welcome 2 million people to our building, which is a free-to-access community resource
- Reach 190,000 people through our creative learning programmes
- Create music programmes that focus on supporting some of the most vulnerable in our society
- Provide thousands of young people with music education opportunities though our Centre for Advanced Training, In Harmony partnerships and CoMusica programmes
- Present hundreds of performances from a wide range of genres, showcasing world-class talent to audiences from across the North
- Support the UK’s only full-time chamber orchestra, Royal Northern Sinfonia
Without additional support, our ability to recover will be in jeopardy, and there will be a real risk to our continued viability. By making a donation you will help enable us to survive the immediate financial impact of this crisis, but you will also be investing in our future as music organisation committed to providing great music for all.
If you do support us, we will invest this in safeguarding Sage Gateshead, supporting our staff and musicians, creating online content to improve wellbeing during this period of social isolation, and supporting partners, peers and individual musicians from the region. Your support will also help us to address the challenges of a very significant drop in income.
Many thanks once again for considering a donation to Sage Gateshead, and we hope to see you again – soon.