Royal Northern Sinfonia does so much more than perform world class music on stage. We want to inspire and involve people of all ages and backgrounds, and do so through a range of music activities that everyone can enjoy.
Ticket income alone is not sufficient to support the breadth and depth of work that RNS delivers. As a charity, we rely on the generous support of the public to ensure that as many people as possible are able to experience RNS and the joy of music.
From regular giving, one off donations, legacy giving and sponsorship – there are so many ways that you can support Royal Northern Sinfonia.
We have bold ambitions for the future
- Safeguard our iconic, world-class music venue for the long-term.
- Strengthen the reputation, reach and work of our renowned orchestra, Royal Northern Sinfonia locally, regionally and internationally.
- Support emerging artists and talented musicians of every genre to make wonderful music for all to enjoy.
- Inspire and engage children and young people through access to music and music-making.
- Provide for our communities’ well-being by making live music part of everyone’s life.
- Investing in our building
Make a One Off Donation
Every penny you give helps us to ensure that as many people as possible get to experience RNS.Donate
How your support helps
Every penny helps us to ensure that as many people as possible get to experience RNS, and the magic of music.
RNS works with Sage Gateshead’s children and young people’s programmes and ensembles including In Harmony, Young Sinfonia and Quay Voices. They also perform at and visit schools and universities, and have even developed a special range of curriculum based performances for schools.
RNS can frequently be found out and about in communities around the region too, sometimes where you’d least expect to find them, including in shopping centres, hospitals, food markets and more. The orchestra do this because they firmly believe that everyone deserves to feel the difference music can make.
The orchestra have also developed a range of performances designed to be inclusive, including Baby Sinfonia, Classic4Kids and many relaxed performances.
If you love your orchestra and want to support the wider work they do, why not become an RNS Supporter? As a thank you, you’ll get the opportunity to get closer to the orchestra with a range of exclusive events and experiences. Opportunities start at just £10 per month.Join
Become a Friend of Royal Northern Sinfonia
Play a part in the success of our orchestra
President: Sir Thomas Allen CBE
As a Friend, you’ll enjoy:
- Priority booking for concerts
- Regular email updates about RNS, its musicians and its work
- Access to member events at Sage Gateshead (when allowable)
- Membership costs just £30 a year for single membership and £50 for a joint/family membership
To join or find out more, email Natalie Heath or call on 0191 443 5038.
“It’s important to give as much support as possible to such a fine chamber orchestra.”Dorothy Hallsworth, Burgh by Sands, Cumbria
Leave a Legacy
Remember RNS in your Will and leave your own musical legacy for future generations.Learn more
Sponsorship & Bespoke Opportunities
We offer a range of opportunities to become meaningfully involved with particular areas of the orchestra’s pioneering work. The bespoke approach we take means that you can tailor your support to a particular area of interest, whether this be commissioning a new work, supporting a specific concert series, enabling education projects for young musicians, or helping us to develop new audiences.
Should you wish to learn more about how we can tailor an opportunity to you, please contact Natalie Heath on 0191 443 5038.