The Percussion Programme offers tuition on timpani, tuned percussion, world music percussion and drum kit in a wide variety of styles.
In addition to individual instrumental tuition and the core supporting studies of music language and aural, percussion students generally take part in two small ensembles each week, including a designated percussion group.
Workshops with visiting artists over recent years have included:
- Jack DeJohnette on drum set techniques for jazz, including mallet playing
- Dave Weckl on how to approach studio work, film scores and jingles
- Sebastian Rochford on composition and how to develop a percussion part from scratch
- Sebastiaan de Krom on the history of jazz and commercial music
Applications close on Friday 21 April 2023.
- Study Leader: Roger Hempsall
- Rob Walker
- Alan Fearon
Information for Students
Timetables, auditions, and other useful information for current and prospective CAT students to help make the most of your learning experience.More info