Study Leader: Roger Hempsall
The Percussion Programme offers tuition on timpani, tuned percussion, world music percussion and drum kit in a wide variety of styles.
In addition to individual instrumental tuition and the core supporting studies of music language and aural, percussion students generally take part in two small ensembles each week, including a designated percussion group.
Workshops with visiting artists over recent years have included:
- Jack DeJohnette on drum set techniques for jazz, including mallet playing
- Dave Weckl on how to approach studio work, film scores and jingles
- Sebastian Rochford on composition and how to develop a percussion part from scratch
- Sebastiaan de Krom on the history of jazz and commercial music
For further information on the Centre for Advanced Training, including on dates and content of auditions, please click on Information for Students
- Study Leader: Roger Hempsall
- Rob Walker
- Alan Fearon
- Lizzie Lowe