Folk Tutor Scheme 2020
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals aged 18+ who want to learn more about teaching folk music, song, dance and story. Successful applicants will attend Adult Folkworks Summer School at a heavily discounted rate (paying only for your food and accommodation if you need it, you can attend daytime only) and they will have the opportunity to:
- Learn folk music, song, dance and story from leading tutors as a participant at Adult Summer School
- Shadow a wide range of tutors, learning folk facilitation techniques and repertoire
- Learn about how to be musically inclusive
- Put your learnings into practice and run a peer-led session
- Receive guidance in how to take forward what you have learnt and pass on the folk tradition in your own community
This may be suitable for:
- School teachers who want to learn more about folk music, song, dance or story.
- Musicians or singers wanting to start teaching for the first time
- Those already teaching folk music in their community looking for a development opportunity
- Music education hub teachers who want to learn more about folk music, song or dance
To apply you need to be age 18+ and seriously considering teaching folk music, song, dance or story in any setting.