- Jump to →
- How to apply
Applications are now closed. There will be another open call next year – if you’d like a reminder nearer the time, or to hear about other upcoming opportunities for artists, sign up to our newsletter by emailing [email protected]
FOUNDRY 2023 makes our Sage Two performance space available to artists for 4 days of intensive development and rehearsal time, handing the venue over to musicians making new work in an unprecedented way.
We are looking for established artists in any genre with an exciting idea which needs further development, or a project ready to tour or perform, which would benefit from 4 days of intensive rehearsal with the support of our technicians and Artist Development team.
The package includes:
- Four days in Sage Two (400 capacity venue with flexible layouts)
- Optional relaxed sharing to showcase what you’ve been working on
- Up to £1000 towards costs e.g. filming, accommodation costs
- Basic venue staffing support
- Help with applying for funding to support taking part in the residency and future plans for your project
- Additional money is available for access costs, see below
Hear what Foundry 2022 residents Anna & Isobel had to say about their experience:
Hear what Foundry 2022 resident Dirty Freud had to say about their experience:
Anna and Isobel Hughes
Anna and Isobel Hughes are sisters with a creative bond. Anna is a musician and Isobel an actor, but the pair shared a desire to combine their crafts to tell a story. With the support of Foundry, they produced ‘A Place to Fall to Pieces’.Read Anna and Isobel's story
You will receive an email confirming it has been submitted. All applicants will be contacted by the end of November.
Feedback will be provided on request for unsuccessful applications.
For access support to apply for this residency we offer up to £75 per application. Please email [email protected] and answering the following questions.
- Why do you need additional support to make a funding application to Sage Gateshead?
- How much money are you asking for? (Maximum request amount is £75)
- What will you spend the money on? Where possible, please include breakdowns of specific costs (e.g. paying a support worker for 4 hours @ £12 per hour).
Additional money is available for access needs to help improve the experience, which might include transport costs for Deaf and disabled artists, captioning, a personal assistant or care worker, BSL interpretation, information in large print or another language etc. If you would like to speak to someone about access needs before applying, please contact us using the details below.
If you have any questions, please contact the team on [email protected].