- What's On
- Next 7 Days
- Show Me Everything
- Current Events Diary
- Gateshead International Jazz Festival
- New Year New Artists
- Classical Season
- For Families
- Festivals & Series
- Royal Northern Sinfonia
- Folkworks Summer Schools
- BBC Radio 3 Free Thinking Festival
- SummerTyne Americana Festival
- Folkworks Hexham Gathering
- Folkworks Pass It On
- Courses, Classes and Workshops
- News & Blogs
- Your Visit
- About Us
- Support Us
- Venue Hire
- Eat & Drink
Terms & Conditions
Where you book a ticket for a show, exhibition, display, event or performance at Sage Gateshead (Performance) you agree that the conditions listed below shall apply to your booking.
- The information on this Website is correct at the time of submission to the Website. It is your responsibility to ascertain whether a Performance has been cancelled or rescheduled. We will make all reasonable attempts to promptly notify purchasers of any such cancellation or rescheduled Performance but make no guarantees in this respect.
- We reserve the right to refuse any ticket holder admission to (and/or eject such person from) a Performance, or to our building and auditorium.
- You consent to the filming and sound recording of your participation in any Performance, as a member of the audience. We will endeavour to inform you prior to the commencement of the Performance if such recording is to take place.
- We reserve the right to make adjustments and alter programmes, special offers and incentive rates at any time without notice.
- Only holders of tickets purchased from our Ticket Office, or our official ticket agencies, will be admitted to a Performance.
- It is your responsibility to check your tickets as soon as they arrive with you as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
- Save in respect of liability which cannot be limited by law, our liability to you pursuant to these booking conditions is limited to the face value of the ticket purchased.
- These booking terms and conditions are governed by English law and subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Payments can be made by cash (in person only), cheque, (made payable to Sage Gateshead) or the following credit and debit cards – Visa, MasterCard, Visa Delta, Maestro, and Electron. Tickets must be paid for at the time of booking, tickets cannot be reserved.
The ticket price includes second class postage. First class postage is available upon request for an extra cost of £1.
If the performance is within seven days, tickets will be held care of Ticket Office and may be collected on presentation of the debit/credit card used to make your booking or appropriate proof of identification.
For events further in the future you have the option of either collecting tickets from Sage Gateshead Ticket Office or we aim to post all tickets using 2nd class post within 2-7 days of purchase. There is also an option to have tickets posted first class for £1 extra.
Please note, as soon as payment is taken we are unable to offer refunds except in the event of a cancelled performance or if a rescheduled performance date is not convenient. Sage Gateshead reserves the right to substitute artists and alter the advertised programme without prior notice. This does not affect your statutory rights. Handling Fees will be refunded in the event of a cancellation.
If the performance is within seven days, tickets will be held care of Ticket Office and may be collected on presentation of the debit/credit card used to make your booking or appropriate proof of identification. Tickets will be posted to customers upon request by second class standard post.
Personal arrangements, including travel, accommodation, subsistence or hospitality relating to the Event which have been arranged by you are at your own risk.
TicketPlan Cancellation Protection is available at a cost of £2 per ticket. We strongly recommend that you include this option. Your tickets are non-refundable and this will protect you against cancellation resulting from accidents, unexpected illnesses and adverse weather conditions. Full details are included in the TicketPlan Terms & Conditions, which we advise you to read and retain.
Tickets may be exchanged for seats for the same or higher price for a performance of the same production up to 24 hours before the performance. Exchanges are strictly subject to availability. A £2.50 handling fee will be charged per transaction. All original tickets must be produced before an exchange can be processed. Handling Fees will be retained in the event of an exchange.
Sage Gateshead will accept tickets for re-sale when a performance has sold out. (Please note we can only offer this service for tickets bought direct from Sage Gateshead and not ticket agencies.)
Sage Gateshead is not able to guarantee any ticket offered for re-sale will find a new purchaser. Re-sales are undertaken at the customers own risk. This service is only available if the tickets are first returned to Ticket Office prior to the performance.
If tickets are successfully re-sold the customer will receive credit on account to the value of the tickets less a £2.50 re-sale fee. If the tickets are not re-sold a credit on account will not be given. It is the responsibility of the customer to contact Ticket Office to see if their tickets have been re-sold. Sage Gateshead will not contact them. Tickets are the responsibility of the customer while they are in the post so recorded delivery is advisable. Tickets should be marked for the attention of Ticket Office.
The resale of Sage Gateshead tickets for profit or commercial gain will render them invalid. In exceptional circumstances Sage Gateshead reserves the right to offer alternative seats to those specified on the tickets.
If you arrive later than the advertised start time or you need to leave the auditorium for any reason then you may be asked to wait until a suitable break in the performance before you can take your seat – this may be the interval. Depending on the show we may be unable to admit latecomers at all. Sage Gateshead reserves the right to refuse admission to any visitor.
Your access and use of the Website is subject to the following terms and conditions (Terms and Conditions) and all applicable laws. By accessing and browsing the Website, or any part of it, you accept, without limitation or qualification, these Terms and Conditions and acknowledge that any other agreement between you and us is superseded and of no force or effect. Where you book a ticket on the Website, your purchase will be subject to our booking conditions.
Terms and Conditions of Use of the Website
- We provide this Website for your personal entertainment, information and educational use only. It is subject to change by us without notice. You should assume that everything you see or read on the Website is subject to copyright or other intellectual property rights unless otherwise noted and may not be used except as provided in these Terms and Conditions or in the text on the Website without our prior written permission. We neither warrant nor represent that your use of materials displayed on the Website will not infringe rights of third parties not owned by or affiliated with us.
- You may only download material displayed on the Website for non-commercial, personal use, provided you also reproduce all copyright and other proprietary notices contained on the material. You may not, however, distribute, modify, transmit, reuse, report, or use the contents of the # Website for public or commercial purposes, including the text, images, audio and video without our prior written permission.
Images of people or places displayed on the Website are either our property or that of our licensors. The use of these images by you, or anyone else authorised by you, is prohibited unless specifically permitted by these Terms and Conditions. Unauthorised use by you of such images may infringe third party intellectual property rights.
- The trademarks, logos, and service marks (Trademarks) displayed on the Website, including “Sage Gateshead” logo are our registered and unregistered Trademarks or those of our licensors. Nothing contained on the Website should be construed as granting any license or right to use any Trademark displayed on the Website, without our permission or that of such third party that may own the Trademarks displayed on the Website. Your misuse of the Trademarks displayed on the Website, or any other content on the Website, except as provided in these Terms and Conditions, is strictly prohibited.
- While we use all reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information or materials on the Website, we make no warranties, guarantees or representations as to its accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability. We assume no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content on the Website. You acknowledge that such content may contain inaccuracies or errors and that we make no commitment to update such material. We expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law. We exclude all liability and responsibility for any amount or kind of loss or damage that may result to you or a third party in connection with the use, inability to use or the results of use of the Website, any websites linked to the Website or the material on such websites, including but not limited to loss or damage due to viruses that may infect your computer equipment, software, data or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing the Website or your downloading of any material from the Website or any websites linked to the Website.
- Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the Website is available 24 hours a day, we shall not be liable if for any reason the Website is unavailable for any time period. Access to the Website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond our control.
- Nothing in this legal notice shall exclude or limit our liability for:
- death or personal injury caused by negligence; or
- fraud; or
- misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter; or
- any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
- Other than personally identifiable information, which is covered under our privacy statement, any communication or material you transmit to the Website by electronic email or otherwise, including any data, questions, comments or suggestions, will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary. Anything you transmit or post may be used by us or our affiliates for any purpose, including but not limited to reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast, and posting. Furthermore, we are free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any communication you send to the Website for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to developing and marketing services using such information.
- Links to third party websites are provided for your convenience. If you use these links you leave the Website. We have not reviewed all of these third party websites and do not control and are not responsible for these websites, their content or availability. We do not endorse or make any representation about them, any material found there, or any results that may be obtained using them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites, you do so entirely at your own risk. You may not link to the Website without our prior written consent.
- We shall have no obligations or liability in respect of any material which is submitted, broadcast, provided or contributed to the Website in any way by users. You are prohibited from posting, submitting, transmitting or otherwise any information to or from the Website:
- that is threatening, defamatory, obscene, indecent, seditious, offensive, pornographic, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discrimination, menacing, scandalous, inflammatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy or which may cause annoyance or inconvenience; or
- for which you have not obtained all necessary licenses and/or approvals; or
- which constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the law of or infringe the rights of any third party, in any country in the world; or
- which is technically harmful (including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted date or other malicious software or harmful data).
- You may not misuse the Website (including, without limitation, by hacking).
- We shall fully co-operate with any law enforcement agency, authority or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or locate anyone posting any material in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Website is controlled and operated by us from our offices in England. The formation, existence, construction, performance, validity in all aspects whatsoever of these Terms and Conditions or of any term of these Terms and Conditions or any dispute in relation to the materials contained in the Site shall be governed by English law. The courts of England and Wales shall have non-exclusive jurisdiction to settle any disputes which may arise out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions or use of the Website. Your continued use of the Website indicates your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- We may at any time revise these Terms and Conditions by updating this posting. You are bound by any such revisions by continuing to use the Website and should therefore periodically visit this page to review the current Terms and Conditions to which you are bound.