Assistant Tutors at Folkworks Youth Summer School
We are looking for Assistant Tutors aged 16+ to help teach at Folkworks Youth Summer School.
An Assistant Tutor is a participant who will help the Tutor in one of their classes, whilst still having the full Summer School experience being a participant in their other class. Assistant Tutors are expected to follow the participant code of conduct and fully participate in all activities.
These participants only pay for their food and board, which comes to £235 (this can be payable in instalments)
We are looking for young people who are passionate about playing and teaching folk and traditional music, song and dance. You can apply to be an Assistant Tutor in any of our classes (see website for full class list).
We are looking for Assistant Tutors who are:
- Between 16-20 years old
- Passionate and experienced musicians or singers
- Friendly and considerate
- Willing to learn from our experienced tutors
- Happy to participate in everything Summer School has to offer
The benefits of becoming an Assistant Tutor:
- Learn to teach from some of the best folk music tutors in the country
- Develop your skills as a musician and teacher
- Pass on your experience and knowledge to other young people
- Significantly reduced fee for the week (food and board only, £235)
How to apply:
To apply to be an assistant tutor please email email@example.com with subject title ‘Assistant Tutor Application’. Let us know in no more than 200 words:
1) Why would you like to be an Assistant Tutor?
2) What experience do you have of playing and/or teaching folk and traditional music?
3) Which class would you like to assist?
4) How would you benefit from this experience?
The deadline for applications is Friday 16 March 2018. Successful applicants will be chosen based on the strength of their application.
To apply or find out more please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org