Rolling recruitment by expression of interest. Closing date for immediate opportunities in February : 9am on Monday 19th March 2018
Volunteer Title: Engagement Volunteer
Department & Team: Public Engagement Programme
Location: Sage Gateshead
We are looking for volunteers who have availability to work various dates and times across the Easter Holidays:
Friday 30 March – Sunday 15 April 2018
9am – 1pm
Reports to: Public Programme Producer
Responsible for: None
Works in conjunction with: Other members of Public Engagement Team
Budget accountability : None
Introduction to Sage Gateshead
Founded in 2004, Sage Gateshead has an international reputation as a new centre for music combining performance, education and participation working across a wide range of musical genres and reaching a broad audience. Founded with a mixed business model, the charity’s turnover of £15million combines, box office, commercial, fundraised income with public subsidy.
Sage Gateshead runs:
- One of the largest Music Learning & Participation Programmes in the UK
- A Performance Programme of events and festivals across musical genres (folk, classical, rock, indie, jazz, electronic) for 360 days of the year
- One of the biggest conference and events businesses in the region
- Royal Northern Sinfonia, the UK’s only full time contract chamber orchestra
- A folk development agency, Folkworks
- An iconic visitor attraction, designed by Foster + Partners on the banks of the Tyne with a large public space, three auditoriums and 25 learning spaces
In 2016/17 Sage Gateshead delivered:
- 623 performance events
- 13,045 courses, classes and workshops
- 64 conferences
- 22 premieres and commissions
- 105 broadcasts
Overall purpose of the role
Sage Gateshead runs a broad public engagement programme and is seeking to recruit volunteers to support the delivery of our regular school holiday activity for families.
These activities are often self-led, drop in events and we aim to recruit volunteers that can provide that extra bit of customer service and make a visit to Sage Gateshead special for families.
- Setting up and clearing away activity stations
- Providing customer support and engagement
- Recording numbers of participation
- Event photography
- Capturing visitor feedback
We understand that the gift of time allows us to do so much more as an organisation so we aim to offer tailored benefits that suit each volunteer depending on their interests:
- A fun and interesting volunteering experience
- Experience of working on events
- Shadow days for career insights into different departments within Sage Gateshead
- Access to Sage Gateshead’s network of staff and practitioners
- Discount on purchases in the café, bars and shop
- References from your Sage Gateshead volunteer manager
Specific qualities or skills needed
- Comfortable working with families and children
- Committed to providing excellent customer service
- Interest in music, arts and culture
- Comfortable working for four hours at a time without a break
Training and expenses
Sage Gateshead will provide an induction and orientation for all new volunteers. There will be specific event briefings before school holiday periods.
All volunteers will be requested to provide documentation for a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Sage Gateshead does not offer travel expenses.
Support and supervision
As a volunteer you will have a volunteer manager who will be your main point of contact.
Because the nature of the role is ad hoc there are no regular supervisions however volunteers are briefed daily prior to commencement of shift.
Express interest and availability
To express interest please complete the online form and tell us why you’re interested in this role and how you think you can contribute to the success of Sage Gateshead in this role.
Please also indicate your availability for the forthcoming holiday period.
For enquiries please contact Kate Hunter on email@example.com or call 0191 433 4667 for an informal chat.
Rolling recruitment by expression of interest. Closing date for immediate opportunities in April : 9am on Monday 19th March 2018