Chef de Partie
Application closing date: 9am on Monday 10th December 2018
Introduction to Sage Gateshead
Founded in 2004, Sage Gateshead has an international reputation as a new centre for music combining performance, education and participation working across a wide range of musical genres and reaching a broad audience. Founded with a mixed business model, the charity’s turnover of £15million combines, box office, commercial, fundraised income with public subsidy.
Sage Gateshead runs:
- One of the largest Music Creative Learning Programmes in the UK
- A Performance Programme of events and festivals across musical genres (folk, classical, rock, indie, jazz, electronic) for 360 days of the year
- One of the biggest conference and events businesses in the region
- Royal Northern Sinfonia, the UK’s only full-time contract chamber orchestra
- A folk development agency, Folkworks
- An iconic visitor attraction, designed by Foster + Partners on the banks of the Tyne with a large public space, three auditoriums and 25 learning spaces
In 2014 Sage Gateshead completed its first decade. During this period the charity had:
- 6 million visitors
- 1.5 million participants
- 1000 conferences
- 4000 concerts
- £283 million of economic benefit to the region
In 2016/17 Sage Gateshead delivered:
- 451 Concerts
- 10,609 Workshops
- 112 Conferences & Events
Located on the Newcastle Gateshead Quayside, Sage Gateshead is a must see if you’re visiting the region. As a home for music and musical discovery, Sage Gateshead offers both performance and participation projects and includes two auditoria with outstanding acoustics, a rehearsal space and a 25-room Music Education Centre – each conceived as a separate enclosure.
We are committed to providing employment offering a rewarding work-life balance in an atmosphere aimed at encouraging personal and career development.
We think this is a great place to work and an ideal place to start, develop or conclude your working life. We are also committed to be an equal opportunities employer. We encourage enquiries and applications from all sections of the large and varied community in which we belong and seek to recruit a team of staff that reflects our surrounding community.
Overall purpose of the job
Sage Gateshead is an internationally renowned centre of culture and excellence with a dynamic food and beverage department contributing to a world class customer experience.
An opportunity has recently arisen for an experienced Chef de Partie to join our team. Working with a supportive brigade, you will be expected to bring passion, dedication and stability to the kitchen.
You must already hold kitchen experience in a similar environment and the ability to use initiative and work unsupervised.
Job Title: Chef de Partie
Department & Team: Food and Beverage
Location: Sage Gateshead
Working Hours: 45 hours per week – five out of seven days. Extra hours/days may be required on request.
Salary: £20,500 pro rata per annum
Position in Organisation
Reports to: Sous/Head Chef
Responsible for: Managing kitchen team and KP
Works in conjunction with: Chef de Partie
Budget accountability: N/A
- Working as part of a team
- Making hot and cold dishes
- Supporting our Commis Chefs
- Ensuring your section is kept tidy and organised
- Keeping on top of orders for yours section
- Ensuring paperwork is kept in order and up to date
Knowledge, experience and skills required to do job
- A passion for food
- Capable of developing innovative ideas to improve the effectiveness of your section
- Able to work independently asking for guidance when needed
- Ability to work well in a busy kitchen environment
- A sound understanding of health and safety and food safety regulations
- Two years’ experience in a similar role or above
Terms and Conditions
We believe Sage Gateshead is a great place to work – an innovative and friendly environment, where no two days are ever the same.
The holiday entitlement for this post is 33 days pa pro rata (including statutory holidays).
The salary for this post is £20,500 pro rata per annum. The working hours are likely to be 11.00- 20.00, five out of seven days.
We also offer subsidised parking for staff members, as well as a discount in our café, and access to a voluntary health cash plan, bike to work scheme, childcare vouchers and travel ticket scheme.
How to Apply
To apply for this job please submit a full CV and monitoring data form to email@example.com
If you any queries regarding your application please contact Human Resources on 0191 443 4624.
If you have any specific queries regarding this role please contact the Food and Beverage team on 0191 443 4632.
Completed applications should be returned no later than 9.00am on Monday 10th December 2018.
This opportunity may close earlier depending on applicant numbers.