- What's On
- Courses, Classes and Workshops
- News & Blogs
- Your Visit
- About Us
- Venue Hire
Big Sing: Big Smile 2019
In the words of Bobby McFerrin ‘Don’t Worry Be Happy!’
A much-loved annual event, supported by The Kavli Trust and in association with Sing Up, this year’s Big Sing takes on the theme of singing in support of health and wellbeing, brightening your moods and bringing happiness to your school day.
The Big Sing offers schools a great opportunity to learn new repertoire and expand pupils’ musical horizons in a fun and engaging way, culminating in an uplifting summer term performance in Sage One at Sage Gateshead.
The Big Sing package includes:
- A teacher training session at Sage Gateshead on March 18th
- Access to The Sing Up Song Bank with unlimited online plays of the Big Sing: Big Smile songs (including performance, rehearsal and backing tracks plus teaching notes and lyrics that can be displayed using Whiteboard mode)
- Hard copy song book and CD
- Up to 2 hour in school singing workshop for your children in the Summer term
- Singing in Sage One at Sage Gateshead with a live band on a choice of either 2nd or 3rd July
Suitable for: Key Stage 2–4
Group Size at performance & price: £210 for up to 33 people. £350 for up to 66 people. Total number to include both students and staff, additional people will be charged at £5 per head.
Sing Up School Discount: All schools with a Sing Up membership valid during March-July 2019 will receive an 5% discount on their Big Sing enrolment fee (£199.50 for up to 33, £332.50 up to 66).
How to book: Please complete the online enrolment request form below.
ENROLMENT CLOSES: When project is full, usually Spring term
Please be aware that the submission of this form is not a confirmation of your booking. You will receive an acknowledgement of your enrolment within 2 weeks of submission, and an order summary containing your choice of dates and price, within 4 weeks.
Sometimes online forms are not able to be removed from our website as quickly as booking requests come in, you will therefore be informed if your request has been unsuccessful.
For any queries about your booking request, please contact email@example.com.
Cancellation charges: 0% before teacher training, 50% after teacher training, 100% after the in school workshop.
Changes to bookings: Once the project has begun, small changes can be made to your booking by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Significant changes other than cancellation, which may in turn reduce your fee or greatly increase the number of seats you require, will be looked at on a case by case basis by the programme Manager.
- Your Sing Up membership status will be checked prior to invoicing in March, to ensure it is still valid during the project, therefore the invoice price may differ to your order summary if it has since expired.
In partnership with Sing Up
Project supported by
The Big Sing and Big Sing for Mini Singers is supported by The Kavli Trust. The Big Sing programme brings the joy of singing to more than 3,000 children in schools across the North East and Cumbria region, culminating in a series of inspirational concerts at Sage Gateshead. The Kavli Trust, which owns Norway’s Kavli group, produces the well-known Kavli and Primula spreadable cheeses and Q-Meieriene dairy products as well as other food products in Norway, Sweden, Finland and the UK have worked with Sage Gateshead since 2014, supporting culture.