- What's On
- Courses, Classes and Workshops
- News & Blogs
- Your Visit
- About Us
- Venue Hire
Radio 3’s world music programme comes back to Sage with presenter Kathryn Tickell in a special episode exploring working class voices in the rich folk music traditions of the North East, featuring live music from The Keelers performing sea shanties and local mining songs, the duo of fiddler Eryn Rae and guitarist Scott Turnbull, plus Amharic singer and krar player Haymanot Tesfa performs a set of improvisations on traditional Ethiopian songs, accompanied by Iranian percussionist Arian Sadr.
For your information…
- Phase one tickets will be available from 12noon on Monday 5 February, with phase two tickets available from 12noon on Monday 19 February.
- Tickets are strictly limited to four per person.
- To guarantee your ticket book in advance. There will be some tickets available on the day on a first come, first served basis.
- Please take your seats 10 minutes prior to the event start time otherwise you may lose your place.
Welcome to the Free Thinking Festival from BBC Radio 3. All weekend here at Sage Gateshead we’re gathering together a throng of talented individuals to wrestle, debate and celebrate the theme of this year’s festival: The One and the Many. Whether it’s the impact of social media,...