- What's On
- Next 7 Days
- Show Me Everything
- Current Events Diary
- Gateshead International Jazz Festival
- New Year New Artists
- Classical Season
- For Families
- Festivals & Series
- Royal Northern Sinfonia
- Folkworks Summer Schools
- BBC Radio 3 Free Thinking Festival
- SummerTyne Americana Festival
- Folkworks Hexham Gathering
- Folkworks Pass It On
- Courses, Classes and Workshops
- News & Blogs
- Your Visit
- About Us
- Support Us
- Venue Hire
- Eat & Drink
Performer, writer and Radio 3’s early music specialist Lucie Skeaping introduces a performance of that quintessential musical depiction of the changing year, Vivaldi’s Four Seasons from the Avison Ensemble. Named after Charles Avison, the Newcastle-born composer, conductor and organist (1709-1770), the group have performed and provided musical training in the North East for 30 years.
The evening will include readings of sonnets written by Vivaldi.
“Here, surely, is a band whose strength of vision and outstanding artistry would have pleased…its namesake.” Robert Levett International Record Review.
For your information…
- A second batch of tickets will be released at 12noon on Friday 17 February.
- A restricted number of tickets will be available on the day on a first come first served basis.
- Please take your seats 10 minutes prior to the event start time otherwise you may lose your place.
Gateshead International Jazz Festival, BBC Radio 3 Free Thinking Festival and Folkworks Pass It On Festival take place on the south bank of the Tyne this Spring alongside Sage Gateshead’s usual programme of eclectic and high quality artists.
Join leading thinkers as they slow down to examine The Speed of Life. Former Formula One racing driver Damon Hill OBE, Harriet Harman MP, former health minister Edwina Currie, historian and broadcaster Bettany Hughes, author Sathnam Sanghera, poet Simon Armitage, songwriter Richard Hawley,...