- What's On
- Next 7 Days
- Show Me Everything
- Current Events Diary
- Gateshead International Jazz Festival
- SummerTyne Americana Festival
- Great Exhibition of the North
- Classical Season
- New Year New Artists
- For Families
- Festivals & Series
- Royal Northern Sinfonia
- Folkworks Summer Schools
- BBC Radio 3 Free Thinking Festival
- Courses, Classes and Workshops
- News & Blogs
- Your Visit
- About Us
- Venue Hire
“Is it the world that’s busy, or is it my mind?”
Haemin Sunim, the multi-million selling author of The Things You Can See Only When You Slow Down, comes to Sage Gateshead to discuss his award winning book on calm in a fast-paced world.
Born to Korean-American parents and educated at Harvard, Haemin Sunim is known for books, podcasts and a popular YouTube series exploring Buddhism in the 21st century. He’s joined by Radio 3 New Generation Thinker Christopher Harding to discuss East and West with Free Thinking presenter Rana Mitter.
Haemin Sunim is a Buddhist meditation teacher who studied at UC Berkeley, Harvard and Princeton before receiving formal monastic training in Korea and teaching Buddhism at Hampshire College in Amherst Massachusetts. He has more than a million followers on Twitter and Facebook and now lives in Seoul.
Christopher Harding, one of Radio 3’s New Generation Thinkers, is a cultural historian of modern Japan, India and the UK with a particular interest in religion and spirituality, philosophy and mental health, based at the University of Edinburgh. He also runs a blog, The Boredom Project.
For your information…
- A restricted number of tickets will be available on the day on a first come first served basis.
- Please take your seats 10 minutes prior to the event start time otherwise you may lose your place.