Community Music Spark
Community Music Spark is Sage Gateshead’s community music training programme for adults with learning disabilities. We currently work with four volunteer participants, three of whom have attended previously on work placements from MENCAP National College Dilston, Northern Counties College and Dryden School. Having completed their training, the Community Music Spark workshop leaders now deliver training to the current cohort of Advanced Trainees, as well as remaining active as community music practitioners!
Aims and Objectives
Participants are supported to:
- lead, devise and evaluate community music activities primarily for children, young people and adults with learning disabilities
- explore development and progression routes within the organisation.
- develop skills and experience so they can access paid employment in a parallel with our Community Music Traineeship
- explore and develop their confidence levels and sense of self belief
- develop independence and confidence through training that explores diverse styles of workshops, decision making, appropriate content and choice.
Young people and adults with additional needs
Dates and Times
Fridays 10am – 2.45pm in the MEC at Sage Gateshead (term time only).
- Mat Sokell – Project Leader
- Jane Lindenberg – Project Musician
- Dean Moulding – Project Musician
- Mel Pine – Project Musician
- Marc McAndrew
- Andrew Robson
- Graeme Thompson
- Toby Redford
- Anissa Mitchell
The Community Music Spark team are keen bloggers – explore their project diary on Sage Gateshead blog