- What's On
- Courses, Classes and Workshops
- News & Blogs
- Your Visit
- About Us
- Venue Hire
North Music Trust
Sage Gateshead and all aspects of its work regionally, nationally and internationally are managed and programmed by North Music Trust. Our unique management structure ensures that all aspects of our artistic programme – performance, learning and participation – are closely linked with each other.
Our team work to this Mission:
To entertain, involve and inspire each and every person we meet through engagement with outstanding music and creative events.
With the following Values:
- We value all kinds of music equally, and are committed to including, inspiring and encouraging everyone through our programmes of performance and participation, learning and training;
- We are passionate about offering the best experience for all who work and play here, together building an invigorating, inspirational environment
- We aspire to be pioneers at the forefront of innovation and excellence, enthusiastically embracing new work, new trends and new thinking
- We aim for the greatest possible inclusion in the way we build meaningful relationships through shared experiences and creative journeys
- We are proud to use our national and international positioning to create new social, creative and economic opportunities for our region and for the communities we exist to serve
Current Board Members
We have a non-executive Board of Trustees who have overall responsibility for all our work:
Chair: Lord Charles Falconer
Vice-Chair: Sir Martin Narey
Councillor Dave Bradford
Councillor Martin Gannon
Emily Cox MBE
Tony Wadsworth CBE
Sage Gateshead is supported by the largest Arts Council England lottery grant ever given outside London; join the arts debate. We are also supported by grants from the Regional Development Agency ONE North East and the European Regional Development Fund. The building itself is owned by Gateshead Council.
Sage Gateshead’s communities are benefiting from the organisation raising one of the largest endowment funds for the arts in the UK to support all aspects of our artistic programme across the 10,000 square miles of our region.
North Music Trust – 4044936 / Music North Ltd. – 4344453
Place of Registration – England and Wales
Address of Registered Office – Sage Gateshead, St Mary’s Square, Gateshead NE8 2JR